Planning your independent birding trip starts right here! Rather than joining a tour or hiring a guide, you may prefer to plan your own independent birding trip. But where to start? Trawling the internet for hours searching for trip reports, estimating travel distances and time, searching for suitable accommodation… it may lead to frustration, if not already during the planning phase of your trip, certainly in the field. No doubt you’ve experienced the “if only I’d known that…” situation at times! Our trip planning service is here to take that hassle and uncertainty away from you. You can use as much or as little of our expertise to assist you in planning your trip. A bit of advice via an email or two – no hassle and no charge! Or if you would like a more comprehensive trip planning service, we’d be pleased to assist you. And through our partnership with TravelManagers we can even book any or all aspects of your trip, for you.
All you need to do is:
- give us your wish list (birds and anything else)
- let us know how much time you have, and when
- let us know the type of accommodation you want ie. camping,backpackers,self-catering, B&B, hotels etc.
- let us know if you want a local guide in any particular area or for any particular species
What happens next:
- First we offer you one or more free sample itineraries
- We will then give you a costing for preparing the itinerary you choose
- The itinerary will include any or all of the below, depending on your wishes:
- provide information about the places you are going to be visiting
- travel times, routes and directions – including Google map links
- contact details for accommodation as required
- or we can book any or all of your accommodation for you
- suggested transport options
- or we can book any or all of your transport needs (including hire cars and flights) as required
- arrange a local guide where required (if available)
- provide a bird list for the area you are visiting
- provide mud maps for the best bird sites in the areas you are visiting
If you feel we can help you in any way with your itinerary please contact us. A bit of advice via an email or two – no hassle and no charge! For more detailed trip planning services, you’ll find our fees very reasonable and we would be pleased to share our expertise in this area with you.
Please inquire as early as you can: the Australian spring season (Sept – Dec) is always very busy.
“We’d like to thank you for all the help with arranging & planning our holiday. As we’ve never visited Aus before, we had no idea where to start. Your detailed day by day guide looks so easy to follow, with birding sites that we hadn’t found online. The details of accommodation, especially for those out of the way places, made things so much easier for us. It was great to be able to book a guide through you for those couple of days at the harder to find sites. We are looking forward to the experience. All in all you’ve made the organising of the trip a much less stressful experience than we’d expected.” (P & D Rice, UK)